Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Memoirs of a Gay-sha: Chapter 8

Photobucket


By: Ace


-----------------------------------
CHAPTER EIGHT
-----------------------------------

There were four of them, one appeared to look like some sort of tribal leader. Their head honcho, who needed some sort of eagle feather headdress to complete the Apache indian chief look. 
The rest seemed to be his posse, or his tribe mates. They seemed to be threatened by my presence as if I'm going to take their farms and crops. Maybe they were trying to protect their herds. 
Anyway I was thinking that these tribesmen had some sort of business with me, which wasn't good.
I could see it in their eyes looking intently at me. With the leader's eyebrow raised.

They were in front of me now.
"Hanz was it? What a wierd name. Sounds like ketchup or some sort of canned good." He said it while raising one of his thin eyebrows, obviously trimmed. I could see hints of black eye liners attempting to highlight his dull eyes. His mouth looked shimmery as well, lip gloss I think. His face looked like he'd fallen into flour face first. It was ghastly white, like one of those ghost with horribly done make-up. He should fire his make-up artist. 

Those lips started to move.
"Listen, I haven't seen your face around here. So you must be new, I can let it slip this time but you better know who I am." He/She/It was looking at me head to toe, as if assessing me. I might not be that tall but I can still pack a punch. If it comes down to it. I can use the metallic trays to defend or attack. Whichever seems needed at the moment. I was thinking "maybe I should just shut up, ignore them and walk away." I didn't want to draw attention to myself. There were still groups of other people around sitting, minding their own business. I didn't want them to see me murdering people in daylight, I'd rather do it at night. Or I could have just murdered them in broad daylight along with all the witnesses. Why am I always thinking about murdering people, I might turn into a psychopath someday. Hope that doesn't happen. 
I was just musing at myself trying to calm down. 
I wasn't exactly the type that was expressive, sometimes I have outbursts when I can't take it any longer. Which could range from punching a hole in walls, setting houses on fire, assassinations, throwing goats. That kind of outbursts. 
Its hard to stop being a psychopath. Lol.

He continued, "Don't you dare act all sweety pie with Dany or Rei." 
"Uhuuum" His tribe nodded in unison. 

WTF this is it? Thats the effing reason? 
This bitch was thinking I'm stealing his men? 
I stood up so that I won't be put in a position where he can look down at me.
I might be a bit taller, but there are four of them. 
Still bad for me if I started anything. Even if I did have a metal food tray at my disposal and hidden weapons concealed inside my uniform. Seriously.

"So this is the real reason? You think I'm all over those two?" I spoke calmly.  
I was annoyed at this group as well. What the hell is fking wrong with this school. Why can't anyone understand that I don't like too many people talking to me, specially if they're intimidating me. 
It makes me feel... murderous. 
I should probably learn to count back from ten to one or if very angry start from one thousand.
If still angry, murder. Oh my, I'm already close to my boiling point. I didn't want to explain how crazy
their logic was, neither did I like to start murdering people. I'm exaggerating again. 

"I don't think... My gaydar knows you liiiikkkkkeeeed both of them, taking free snacks from Dan and sharing drinks with Rei." I realized I did all of those earlier because I didn't effing mind it. No other agenda.

As if I believe any of that psychic bullshit. 
"So you know me better than I know myself. Fking hilarious." I was already starting to count from ten.
 
"Before you get any funny ideas of thinking you're so much better than me ketchup, you should know your place." He continued looking down on me with his chin up, I think they we're a year higher or they could have been from a different section. I didn't bother to ask. I didn't care as usual.

"If you want them so much, you can keep them. But I noticed, they didn't even bat an eyelash towards any of you. If your gaydar can't pick up the fact that they don't think you guys exist. Then let me point out what is painfully obvious." 
I'm so awesome, at making zingy come backs. Its probably a bad idea to make them angrier or me angrier. They might start scratching me and pull my hair or shoot me with their primitive crossbows, I might start beating the shit out of them with a bloody food tray...
Not necessarily in that order. But you get the idea. 
This time I was already counting back from over nine thousand.

I got my bag and took my leave, before anyone got hurt. I walked away from their tribe going the opposite direction without giving them a chance to come back at me with some half baked retort. The tribe members just shouted "Whore!" 
I wanted to correct them and say "courtesan" would have been more apt of my status. If I told them that they'd think of some sort of royal party people. I would have wasted my breath.
Go back to class tribe people...

One of the reasons why I was enrolled at this school was because of its proximity, its walking distance to our house. Which is like a fifteen to twenty minutes walk away if you don't take the short-cuts. I was used to walking, In fact I liked walking around. I don't know sometimes I just get out of my house, walk anywhere and ride going back home. I would of course travel familiar routes, I easily get lost. I couldn't even memorize the short cuts going to my house. 

"OPEN SESAME!!"
Our gate suddenly opens, out of the ground.
Kidding, our maid came out and heard me ringing the door bell.
She opened it and let me in and went back to watering the garden or whatever it was.

I'm the only child left, I do have one other sister. But she lives away from us, because her school is in manila and she's in a dorm there. At home, I only have my mom. Dad's been dead since I was a kid and my mom shuffles all her business and comes home at least twice a week. She either sleeps in her own office or is travelling somewhere. So most of the time its just me and yaya. My other aunt who visits almost everyday checking on me, since she just lives two houses away. The only other relative I have.

We live inside a subdivision and either there are no kids in the neighborhood or they don't come out.
Just like me. I stay at home I spend my time reading or playing with my pets. 
I have two show type pitbulls, not the bully types that look short and fat with cropped ears. And before any of you start thinking anything bad about the breed. Shut it. It was either a pitbull looking dog that bit your damn neighbor or saw in the news. Or some sort of half-breed or what not. Their temperament isn't wild at all.

They were originally bred for bull baiting, wherein they bite the nose of bulls and hang on to dear life for as long as they can. It was barbaric. Then that practice was banned. But stupid humans are always thinking of ways to inflict harm upon other creatures so they bred them into fighting dogs. 

The reason why they are very loyal is because during those times when they were bred for fighting and guarding, it required humans to break up their pit-fights hence the name. So even if they are biting each other, don't be afraid to break them up. They will not bite you. The ones that were wild or bit humans are shot in the ring not allowed to breed and they also shot losers. 
So that wild part of the evolutionary tree was killed out by humans. Along with the other weaker bloodlines. The only good thing or not, depends on what your view on animals is, that came out from having them fight in pits.

Ok so enough of my dogs, I love them to death. I could write a novel about them.

While I was going inside, I heard the familiar barks.

I had to run fast towards the door which is a good distance away from the gate, yaya lets them out during afternoon. The reason I'm running is because I'm not wearing my own uniform. The last thing I want is mud and dog lick on this white uniform. 
Too late... 

They were both jumping all over me, my uniform had big paw marks on as well as with my pants.
The designs match, yey.  
UGHHHH!! I can't help it those cute puppy eyes just can't get me mad. So I let them jump all over me, Now I had paw marks on my hands and they licked me all over. Thats just their usual greeting. They never get tired of it, no matter how long I've left them. Wonder why humans can't be the same. I calmed them down and threw one of their toys far. They ran after it and I finally went inside.

My aunt was already inside. 
She was reading a magazine on the sofa. 

Looked at me from head to toe. I know what she's thinking. She just pressed her lips together. Giving me another one of her signature disapproving looks.

"Playing with the dogs again? How many times do I have to tell you not to let them jump all over you, they don't do that when I come here." Its probably because they don't like you either. I thought.

"So how was your first day?" She asked.

"It was good, I got new teachers and classmates." Obviously.

"I just came here to check on you, I've made you spaghetti, you can just reheat it in the microwave if you feel hungry." She promptly left without too much fanfare. 

I ate silently, alone. I'm used to it. 
That damn sandwich tasted ten times better or maybe five because I only had half when I was eating with Rei. Food tastes less crappy when you're having fun eating it. I just left my dishware at the table. I took Dan's uniform off and placed it there as well so our maid can wash it.
It had paw marks all over it, good thing they didn't think to play tug of war. Like what they did with my slippers, the chords to my pc monitor, one of my belts, my shades, mom's sandal, etc.
They were still puppies I couldn't blame them for teething. They looked too cute, I couldn't help but forgive and forget and throw away couple of my things.

I went to my room and turned on my pc. 
Went to my favorite manga site and looked if the manga that I was following had any update. The last time I counted. I was following at least twenty seven mangas. Watching twelve animes. 
Looked at the anime site as well and watched some of the shows I was following. 

I was tired by the time I finished my manga/anime update. I took a quick half-bath and changed to my boxers and tried to sleep. I was damn tired. But I couldn't sleep I keept thinking what happened earlier.
I was reviewing how I felt and how I could forget them. 

I didn't notice myself smiling. I would sometimes laugh a bit while thinking of how my last snack went.
It felt kind of good. I was always lonely and school was the only place where I could see other people. 
I have relatives and cousin's on my dad's side, but they live outside the country. So most of the time, its my aunt that I see often. She has kids but all of them are grown up. 

I was tired of the day, looking back. I think too much happened. Too many accidents happened.
I tried thinking of how sleepy I was during the program and mr. math's class.
It beats counting sheep.


I have recurring nightmares a dream that happens four or five times a week. I'd always feel like I'm falling. I would be hanging on to something or in the edge of some tall building. No matter how hard I try to stop, I would always fall and I would wake up in the middle of the night with a jolt and all sweaty. I had this kind of dream almost every night. There would be different ways, but the ending is that I would always fall. My dreams don't want to cooperate with me. I can't even try to change the ending no matter how hard I tried to imagine myself flying. All I could do is hang on and finally fall back to consciousness...

Someone was tickling my foot. 
Yaya, she know I won't wake up if she just sounds an alarm or shakes me. She's been my yaya since childhood and she knows me very well. Almost like a second mom. 

I would roll around in bed trying to evade and she'd still tickle me until I got up. She would only leave me alone if I went to the bathroom and started showering. Before I changed into my clothes I still had to feed my dogs.

I finished preparing for school, ate my breakfast and took my things. Not forgetting Dan's shirt which was already dry and folded. Clean. 
I could still smell some of his perfume, it was really strong and lasting. Which is the exact opposite of his personality. 

Inside the room...

"Dan, thanks for the shirt. You saved me from my aunt's hour long sermon if she saw me bloody."
He looked at me, took his shirt and just smiled an said. "Its nothing at all, just as long as you forgive me."

He still didn't forget that? I mean I wasn't mad at him after he let me borrow his shirt. 

He placed the shirt on the table and slept on it, using it as a pillow. He looked cute when he was trying to sleep, I could still see him smiling.

I wanted to erase the thoughts clouding my mind. Was I starting to like him? Maybe not, I was just touched when he let me borrow his uniform. While I was thinking about all of that.

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" 
someone suddenly punched my shoulder...



To be continued...

No comments: