Sunday, December 11, 2011

Memoirs of a Gay-sha: Chapter 5

Photobucket


By: Ace
-----------------------
CHAPTER FIVE
-----------------------

"Hey, new guy" A soft yet crisp voice.

I looked at him, deep black eyes. Black hair, with chinito features, pinkish lips and a coy smile bordered by one cute dimple. 

"I'm Ray, " He continued.

"Yes?" I replied, automatically snapping out of my delusion.

"Which school did you come from?"

I replied "Nanya" 

He just had a questioning stare on his face, with one brow raised. He looked like he didn't know the school.
Of course he wouldn't it wasn't a school.

"Nan-of-ya-biz-ness" I sarcastically spoke it slowly so he would get it.
I looked away from him to send out a message that I was not in a mood to talk to anyone. 

He was persistent. 
"Woaah, how cute. Was that a joke? or were you trying to impress me Vanderhan?, Your name is too complicated let me call you Hanz instead."

That caught me completely off guard. I wanted to say something in the lines of "you're-bat-shit-insane"
But I couldn't speak. He talked before I could compose myself.
"Don't worry, I think I like your edge or maybe its your attitude. You weren't lying when you said that it was your attitude that made you hot. Hhahahahaha"  

"Whats so funny about it?" 
Was the only thing I could reply. I couldn't think of an awesome comeback.

"Nothing really, its just that you look cute when you just sit there not saying anything, as if you're lost in your own thoughts. Not caring about anything or anyone." 
Does he even know the borders he's crossing? This guy is sending mixed messages to my brain, how do I interpret it? Admiration? Stunned by my awesomeness ? Of course he should admire me, its already a given. 

"There's no need to compliment me, Ray. Your silent admiration is enough." 
At last I made up some sort of comeback to regain my composure.

"Hahahahhaa, even if you're blushing?" He laughed really loud, it sounded annoying. 
"No seriously Hanz, I really find you interesting and maybe eccentric as well. What are you always thinking about anyway? Are you trying to find the meaning of life? hehhehe" 
He just smiled and stared at me while saying that.

I just noticed but my cheeks we're feeling kind of warm. I ignored that.

"Of course not, who cares about the meaning of life, living is already its meaning." I blurted it out not even thinking of how I would defend it if asked deeper. 

Wait, why am I in debate mode. I don't need to defend my opinions.
Note to self "Why am I defensive around this guy?"

"Wow Hanz, so you got it all figured out." Saying it in a flat voice. 
"So what were you thinking about? Is it the meaning of love then?" he asked again, this time with a voice that sounded more like a whisper.

Wait, did I  hear sarcasm in that first sentence, why does he even have so many questions.
Since I didn't have anything else to do, I'll just go along with this guy's flow.

"Love is a chemical reaction Ray, a necessary illusion to perpetuate the continuation of our species. Lust is a temporary delusion and love is the insurance to make sure that you continue to care for the result of your lust. They compliment each other perfectly. Lust to spark it and love to keep it burning."  

It looked like he had even more questions in his head. He didn't ask anything else, just went back to his seat. We knew our free time was up our queen was already coming. The all too familiar heels were fast approaching the corridor. 

The guy beside me was already up, he must have heard our conversation. He didn't look like he slept that deep. 

She strode up to the flat form posted some kind of note and spoke.
"Take a look at the groupings for cleaners, I've assigned them randomly. If you have any questions feel free to ask them tomorrow. I don't have enough time to deal with it today." She was about to leave, but it looked like she forgot to say something.

"Lastly, I will come back in thirty minutes. Be sure to clean up the room and arrange the chairs properly. Scrub the floors and wipe the black board. I will inspect the rooms afterwards. If I don't find it clean enough, you will also clean tomorrow, along with the next group." 

Finally she's leaving. 

So I had to check the list out and see if I was assigned for Monday. 
I saw two familiar names, first was the other "guy" and then I saw "Kazuya, Akurei."

"Fck this, I'll skip cleaning"  I thought.

So I went back to my chair got my bag and placed it outside the corridor. I couldn't skip cleaning, dragon lady will eat me alive. 

Most of the extras were already leaving. 

There was a compartment at the back of the board that had brooms and all kinds of cleaning materials. There were few brooms and I took one. 
"I can pretend to look like I'm cleaning without really doing anything at all." 
I smiled at myself while taking a broom to start pretending to clean. I didn't realize that behind me was that "guy". He was waiting, while I was taking my damn sweet time trying to figure out which task would require less effort. I noticed him taking a rag. 
Is he going to wax the floor? Seriously? 

He just went outside taking the rag and came back with it wet. He then proceeded to wipe the whole board with it. He could easily cover the whole board because of his height.

"WTH, he's more lazy than me, I should have thought of that earlier."

So I proceeded to pretend sweeping.
The floor is so damn dusty. I haven't seen farmers come in and out. Spots of mud and pieces of grass. 
I forgot, we have classrooms in the middle of all kinds of fields. They just brought in all this debris with their shoes. 

I noticed Rei was present as well, scrubbing the floor. His hair suited him well along with his slender legs. He wore fitting navy blue pants. Rei caught me looking at him.
He smiled at my direction.

It felt kind of weird. 
I should watch my thoughts. Its getting more complicated every hour I spend inside this school.
He headed towards my direction still smiling.

I swept pieces of paper towards the door so I could get away from him, but he walked towards me while scrubbing the floor with his left foot. 
"Is he doing this on purpose to annoy me?"

"Hey Hanz" He called out.

"What now Akurei?" I asked with a tone of irritation.

"Nothing... You looked like you were thinking deeply again. What is it this time? World peace?" He laughed as he asked me. 

"You're blushing again."  
I didn't answer him. I just swept the floor without saying anything. I wanted to get away from him before he asks anymore dumb questions.

I think my message got through his thick skull since he left me and continued to scrub somewhere else.

I ignored it for a while, but I had this feeling that someone was staring at me.
Him again, I didn't look at his direction since he'll just keep his head down if I look at him. 
He would look better scrubbing. At least he has an excuse to keep his eyes on the floor.

I think he noticed me looking at him from the sides, since he was now wiping the window panes. As if those things needed any cleaning. 

"Everyone arrange the chairs and after that turn off all the lights and fans. Don't forget to lock the doors."
Her majesty just dropped by to check on us. Good thing she didn't tell us to clean again.

I was already arranging the chairs back to their original positions. Seems like someone went early.
Tall guy went out already, the nerve. After doing all that hard work of lame board wiping, he went out earlier than everyone. 

Did he always look that sad, I mean. He looked sad when I first saw him. I felt guilty for ignoring him.
"WAAAAAIIIIITTTTT. Fk this. Why am I so concerned about him.  I should be even more mad at him, he's even lazier than I am." I argued.

"Hanz, you look spaced out again."
I was dragged back to the real world. Annoying me again. This whole damn school is conspiring against me. Why did I even say yes to taking the entrance exam here. 

"Rei, I was just thinking of the many ways to kill you without anyone finding out." I vowed it with all intents and purposes of murdering the daylight out of this annoying creature. 

"Hahahahaahahha" He really has an annoying laugh

"Do you have any last words before I stab you with this blunt broom?" I asked him sincerely.

"You look cute when you're angry, your cheeks are turning red-ish again." Rei stated.

I returned the broom and walked outside. I didn't reply to him. Took my bag and started walking down the stairs...

To be continued...

No comments: