Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Memoirs of a Gay-sha: Chapter 3

Photobucket

By:  Ace

--------------------------
CHAPTER THREE
--------------------------



He just turned his back and walked away, I could feel that he was offended by what I blurted out.

He still kept his head down while walking.

"What the hell did I just do? As if it was my fault that we were banished outside by her royal highness.

Wait, why am I even affected by what I did. I don't even know the person enough for me to even care."

So I continued standing there until her royal highness finished reading her rules.
She slowly walked outside looking regal in her uniform with a black and red motif.

It really fits her. She looks scarier.

 "Vanderhan, where did Dantalian go.?"

 "I believe he went to the restroom, he was complaining about stomach pains" Did I just cover up for that moron?

"Why did he not ask permission from me then?" She asked. 
I thought "Do we also need to ask permission every time we breath?"

"I believe you clearly stated that you did not want to be disturbed any further." 
Was my annoyed reply.

"Nevertheless, you should have at least informed me" She just walked away, not even allowing me
to mutter something in my defense. "What the?! that woman, how dare she continue to embarrass me."

"Stay outside until the next teacher arrives and lets you in" 
Was her parting words. I didn't care to reply at that point.
As I was still standing outside looking like an idiot. Waiting for the next horrible creature to arrive and let me in. I looked inside the room. 

"WTH. Why is he sitting inside. The nerve to leave me here, while
we were both being punished and now he's sitting inside."

One of my classmates just called me, "you can come inside, Ms. Alba already left. There's no need for you to continue standing there. She wont notice anyway. "

I proceeded to go inside using the door closest to me, since our room has two doors.  I then sat next to Dantalian, making it painfully obvious that I am still mad at him and his persona non grata hasn't been lifted yet. All diplomatic relations with this person have been banned and his existence to me is null. No longer allowed to communicate with me. Unless of course the situation, requires it. 
I couldn't help but look at him from my side.  I just threw casual glances at his directions, as if trying to find something that I dropped close to his chair.  He looked sadder than his usual im-about-to-cry-a-river look.

I thought. "I want to comfort this person, take away all his sadness and just be there for him..." 

WAAAAAIIIITTT!!!

Where did that come from? My thoughts are being muddled by this poor little thing. I rationalized. "Its just because, he has those sad puppy eyes that I want to comfort him. Its not like, I am nice to people. Nor do I care for their feelings. I like animals more, especially cute little puppies. He just seems to be like one. Albeit a really big puppy" 
So now what? I have some sort of animalistic desire for this guy? Clear cache, delete cookies.  Forget it.
We waited fifteen minutes for a teacher to come, yet no one came. 
Whats wrong with this school do they even have enough teachers?
Someone from our class, presumably some sort of representative or president. Went down to inform the office that we had no teacher.

After a few minutes, some random priest came up and talked to us, Asking who the new students were. Only five of us raised hands. Including guy, with the yellow bag along with other random people I didn't care enough to remember. I do remember them, but they're not worth mentioning. Anyway.

We had to introduce ourselves again. Why do we have to keep on introducing ourselves, why don't we just record our first introduction and replay it all day. Since hats the only thing teachers seemed to be concerned about. We should just video tape it and have a film showing every time we need to introduce ourselves. 

But this time we had a different sort of introduction. He did not use the scrap book format introduction.
"I know most of you are bored, so lets make your lives a bit colorful, this is how you will introduce yourself. First say something that you find weird about yourself, something extraordinary that only you have, it could be a trait, an attitude just anything. As long as its unique about you. Then sing a favorite line from your song. Lastly, WHAM. Which means, whats hot about me. Tell us something that makes you hot." He just smiled like a crazy old guy in front, the priests in this school are weird. I can definitely tell.
First came up the yellow guy. He just had random gibberish, which I could tell was only made up just so he could say something. Maybe not, didn't care.

So my turn...
"Something weird about me, hmm. Its hard to tell, since I have no standard by which to compare what is weird and what is not weird it is only people who say what is and what is not weird. So If i were to pick what makes me abnormal. It would be my personality. I mean, I'm unique, just like everybody else. "  I was being sarcastic, and no one in the class seemed to get it. 
Ugh... humanity's sum total intelligence just dropped.

I didn't notice Dantalian, chuckling beside me again. Now what? does he think I'm funny. Wait. Did he just get my sarcastic comment? Maybe brain and brawns do sometimes go together.
I continued to think of a favorite line from a song. I was undecided whether I should sing, Not that I don't know the song. Just that It would cause another disaster on a global scale. I'll admit, I have bad vocals. No, its actually worse than that. I have to at least attempt to sing, I'll just sing it flat...

"Guardando le rose fiorite stamani. io penso: “Domani saranno appassite”… e tutte le cose, son come le rose. che vivono un giorno , un'ora e non più" 
and of course they had to ask what it meant, which I had to explain. 

"Its a song that I heard from a movie, it supposed to mean something like. "Looking at the roses bloom this morning, I think, tomorrow they will be dried. And all the things are like roses, living one day, an hour and no more!" It just means that nothing is permanent... So whats hot about me. I can definitely say, that its my attitude,you will find out why as we go along. Don't worry you have four years to know me." I sat back.

I noticed that Dantalian wasn't as sad as he was, I could see in his eyes that he was thinking of something.  It could have been because of something that I said. But I didn't dwell too much on it.

Its not like there's something I can do about the things going on inside his head. I'm human, not psychic.
So the other side characters in the room also talked about random things I didn't care about. They are not important to the story so they don't need any special mention.  The priest guy also asked everyone else to do the same. I just waited for Dantalian's introduction, since everyone else wasn't important... yet.

He stood and as usual, his head was still down when he stood up. 

"So there he is again, introducing himself to the floor. Why doesn't he ever look up, is his head too heavy?" I laughed to myself.

"I'm Chris, whats wierd about me is that I'm afraid of what other people think about me and thats why I'm shy." Some of my classmates just made boooing noises, just like what they did with the other old students.  Which made him lower his head just a tad bit more.

"favorite song, ahh.." Someone interrupted, "Production number! Sing the whole thing!!!" Now his cheeks turned a shade redder.  He couldn't hide it from his baby white face."
I totally didn't expect him to sing that kind of song. He cleared his throat and started. 

"L'amour est un oiseau rebelle
que nul ne peut apprivoiser,
et c'est bien en vain qu'on l'appelle,
s'il lui convient de refuser.
Rien n'y fait, menace ou prière,
l'un parle bien, l'autre se tait:
Et c'est l'autre que je préfère,
Il n'a rien dit mais il me plaît. "
Did I just hear pavarotti? It wasn't really the same, but he had it. He had a big voice to go along with his body.  Wait, why can he pronounce french fluently.  I couldn't understand a word he sang.

No one even bothered to ask what it meant. He continued "Whats hot about me.. ah.. uhmm..." Some obviously gay student at the back just suggested "YOUR BODY!!" The priest just threw piercing glares at the guy. Everyone just laughed it off and he turned even redder. So they just moved on to the next extra classmates. 

He sat down, looking slightly red, still looking at the floor.
Its annoying, the hell out of me for some reason.  Everyone was done with the introduction, after a while. Our fill-in teacher/priest was still writing something or reading, I forgot.

"RIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG" I hate that bell, fkkkkk. Everything in this school is annoying. 
 to be continued...

No comments: