Monday, September 26, 2011

Memoirs of a Gay-sha: Chapter 4

Photobucket

By:  Ace

--------------------------
CHAPTER FOUR
--------------------------



Now what? A fire drill, for real? or one of those earthquake drills? Am I gonna panic and run around? Because that would be my natural instinct instead of forming neat lines outside and evacuating towards the fields. As if anyone will remain calm if the building is shaking or on fire. 

Once again my powers of observation continue to serve me well.
So Its lunch time, but before my lame meal. The speaker system required us to pray first. So many rituals why can't we just pray in the privacy of our own tables.
Do we really have to stand and stay still. blah blah blah. amen.


Ok so which canteen do I pick, I'm not that hungry maybe I should just look around and explore this place. It is pretty big. But at the back of my head I just wanted to sleep. maybe at the library, I'm fking lazy. 

But human curiosity is just more powerful. So I went around, it took me twenty minutes to take a tour of the place. I just realized how big the campus was and how many the fields were.

I didn't know they still had an extra field at the back. What is this place. Its really like a jungle with basketball courts and soccer fields, volleyball courts, a gym, even a studio for practicing dance or karate and all that. I think they're focusing more on sports. Which isn't that bad for me, It may not seem like it. I love soccer. But thats another story. 

Back to roaming around. I found little huts at the back part of the gym, well more like gazebos. It had a lot of space, like a hang out where people can just sit down around each other. It was a place that looked like, where tweetums would go and express themselves. Which was already happening, I didn't care who they were. They just sat beside each other sharing lunch sometimes feeding each other. I felt pangs of envy. Wait, I'm supposed to be some sort of socially awkward person. Why would I even want to do that. I have my own hands, I can feed myself. 

Mental note to self, "this school is making me feel odd."

Looks like I still have fifteen minutes left for lunch. 

I have a habit of eating lunch in ten minutes or less and then spend the remaining time sleeping or reading. I have my priorities wrong. The point is, I eat really fast. 
I decided not to eat my lunch. I still had biscuits with me. 

I went up to the floor where my room was located. I imagined myself, everyday carrying my heavy books. 

I'm going to have osteoporosis before I finish high school. We had to line up, every time we needed to enter the room. More time wasted, trying to keep boys stand still in straight lines. 

We were permitted inside by this fifty something guy who was our math teacher. Out of all the subjects in the world, I hated math. The subject hates me equally as well. It will be made more unbearable by some boring old guy with glasses. Who has clearly taught the same thing for the past twenty something years of his teaching life. 

He made a seat plan for us, we had to write our names on it. Makes it easier to remember all of us.

So we passed around the paper, Dantalian had to write his name before he passed the seat plan to me. I couldn't help but notice his name "Khristofer  D'Antaliogne." In a neat cursive.

Well that explains a lot. His body build, his height, the song. How I thought I spelled his name right. 

His baby white skin. His awkward nuances in speaking. Stunning yet soft features. But that doesn't explain why he can't look straight at other people. 

I wrote my name in extra small letters just to annoy the old guy. So that he'd have a hard time reading my name and look for other people to call once classes started getting serious. Passed it on to the next person. 

Mr.Math was as boring as he looked. Nothing other than that happened. No introductions at least.

We had other teachers come in, but I didn't care too much about them. Nothing special happened other than the standard meet and greet. The usual this-is-what-i-will-blabber-about-in-the-next-months-speech.

We still had an hour and thirty minutes before we officially ended our classes. 
Then I heard the familiar clacking of heels.

Everyone roll out the red carpet! Her royal highness is coming.

I could feel our room becoming colder. All the noise and brouhaha became nonexistent.  All the happiness inside the room was drained...
Maybe I was wrong, a Deatheater was approaching.

"So how was everyone's first day?" Was her opening spiel.

"Does she even care? Or is that some sort of rhetorical question?"
No one even answered. Its better to keep quite and let the storm pass.
I thought, "Everything was fine until you came in" 

She continued. 

"Since I still have other more important things to attend to, I'll leave you here. I will come back later and assign the cleaners. Do not talk too much, If ever I hear any report from the class monitor that any of you are being noisy more than necessary. You will have the privilege of cleaning the room everyday."

She left. Everything returned to normal inside, everyone was back to talking.


I always thought that boys weren't that talkative. I for one didn't talk much. Not that I have nothing interesting to stay, just that they won't understand once I start talking. More like discussing, well to be even more precise I make one sided conversations. Everything I say is important so they better listen.

I still kept ignoring the "guy" beside me. 

So I focused my attention elsewhere at the side characters. I took a look at my classmates one by one. 

I was trying to group all of them into all sorts of categories. 

I tried to identify the smart types first, usually my source of assignments and high scores. I could only see two definitely smart looking guys. What a short supply. Maybe its better if I work harder this time, or sit closer to them. The second option seemed more possible.

Next, attractiveness. The top of my list was the guy beside me. There were twelve more that had above average looks. Most of them foreign looking. Didn't care too much about them or the guy next to me.

Then there was the bully looking brute type. Only one. He looked rather ugly not really damn ugly but he looked unpleasant. Fits his character just right. Scruffy looking hair, rugged looking uniform, faded pants. Lips that looked a bit discolored. Smoker. The average looking fat guy. Someone who grew laterally. 

I just felt how lively this class was, there were a lot of jokers mixed in the group. You could tell they were having fun, people gathered around to hear them talk. There were people running around inside the room. There were guys playing nonchalantly on their gameboys and what not. This is crazy. First day of class and everything is this chaotic. Not that I didn't expect it to be like this especially if its an all boys school.

It seemed like the people who remained still in the room was only me, plus the other guy beside me who was sleeping. 

I didn't notice someone approach me from the side....

To be continued...

No comments: