Saturday, November 3, 2012

Time and Laughters





I remember the days you looked at me as if I was your greatest hero.

I felt very proud.

But then… things changed.

It wasn’t always like this. We used to be happy. Spent most of our time together.

I remember…

I used to be the one that first greets you in the morning.

The one that waves “GoodBye” as you leave your home.

The one that waits for you paitently to come home.

The one that eagerly listens about your day.

The one that accompanies you at night.

The one that stands and watches over you until morning comes again.

But sadly, those days are over.

I just woke up one day and it was as if you have forgotten about me. Worst, you pretend not to see me while I know you do. It was painful for me. But still, I stayed by your side.

Things got worst, you now even deny my existence. You tell your friends that I wasn’t yours.  You even said that you were just being childish that’s why you stayed and kept me. I was hurt, but I still stayed by your side.

Years passed by and I was still by your side. Ive always been here. Waiting for you to come and see me again. I was sad, but I was patient, too.

One day, you came home with a baby in your hand.

I didn’t know how to feel. You looked very happy. So I felt that I needed to be happy for you.

I was watching you as you played with your baby. You really have changed. I don’t think you’ll ever notice me ever again.

But I was wrong.

One day as you carried your baby I saw you looking at me. I instantly felt excited.

“Hi there, old buddy.”, you smiled at me as you dusted me off.

You then took my hand as you introduced me to your precious.

“Baby, meet my greatest buddy, Teddy.”

I saw your baby smile at me.

I remember that smile many years ago. It was exactly like yours.

I wanted to cry but I couldn’t.

You placed me beside your little one and looked me in the eye as you sincerely said.

“Thank you for being a great pal. Now could you play with my kid like we used to?”

I saw you smile at me again. The one that I've waited all these years.

I don’t know how I did.

But I did it.

I was the first teddy bear who cried.


No comments: