Friday, October 18, 2013

ARA 3

FB:iheytmahex632@gmail.com
Twitter:@roviyuno
Author:Rovi Yuno / Unbroken
Blog: http://strangersandunbrokenangels.blogspot.com/




Author's Note: I couldn't be more thankful to you guys for having good reviews on this one. Though most of you might not comment on each post, I appreciate all e-mails, FB likes and comments and all sort you do. Thanks to Kuya Philip, for the support. And all of your my readers. :)




* * *

III. Rainbows, Blue Skies and Butterflies.



She immediately grabbed her hand bag and looked for her perfume. She sprayed the fragrance like crazy. She wanted to be the most fragrant woman for him. She's feeling happy. Her thoughts are, too. She imagines herself with him. Rainbows, blue skies and butterflies. She has confirmed that love has the ability to exaggerate everything. That feeling of happiness that brings you to a state of madness and incomparable frenzy.

She felt her phone vibrating, her heart jumped.

"Hello?"

Her heart went back to its place when she heard her husband on the other line.

"What time will you be home tonight, honey?"

Disappointed, she answered "I might be late. Got lots of stuff to do."

"You want me to pick you up? It might be too dangerous for a cab," he said, worried.

She felt a sense of panic.

"No, no, no," she said, trying not to sound panicky, "I might ask the company driver to send me home if it's gonna be too late," she added.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"I am," she said reassuringly.

"Okay, I love you," he said.

She hung up.

A series of piercing sighs took place. Her mind is running wild again. She's suddenly thought of her husband, who in the first place, she married due to parental pressure. She has always had internal dialogues whether she loves him or it's just pity. They fight over the simplest of things. She's got a way of making every single discourse a confrontation. He's got a way of making her feel worst. She's aware that no marriage is perfect, but theirs is not going anywhere near it.

She looked at herself in the mirror. There's a sign of frustration on her face.
She tried to relax by rhythmic breathing. One, Two, Three. She felt her muscles relax. Four, Five, Six, her system is calming down. Seven, Eight, Nine, the crease on her forehead has vanished. She fixed her hair and put some powder. Seconds after, she's ready to go.


* * *


The soft, sensual and relaxing sound coming from the violin welcomed her as she stepped on the door. She was surprised to see how grand the restaurant was. Chandeliers, aristocratic wooden tables, well-maintained wooden floors and even tons of butlers. A butler in a blue dress greeted her and helped her with her bag.

"I have a reservation," she quickly said.

"Yes, Madame. We are really waiting for you. This way please,' the butler said politely.

She suddenly felt nervous and excited, and curious.

"Excuse me, why are there no customers here tonight? I heard that this place is very famous," she managed to ask.

"The whole restaurant was reserved, Madame," the lady said.

"I'm sorry?" she said, trying to verify if she heard it right.

"The whole restaurant was reserved," she smiled.

She suddenly blushed. Before she could think of anything, they were in front of him. The butler aided her as she take her seat, then left. In front of him is a man, of his early thirties, wearing that same old boyish charm, skin that has a stunning radiance, and those hypnotic eyes. Her heart silently sang a warming song.

"Hey," he said.

She smiled.

"You still don't talk that much?"

She laughed. It was hearty.

"So, How's life? The last time I tried to hear some news, you're off to California," she managed to say.

"It was great. I've been to many places. And I was able to learn a lot. I've been travelling," he said.

She saw him signaling the waiters.

"Nice. You still like the beach, shows on your skin."

"Yes, I still do. You were the one who taught me how to swim," he said.

She smiled. She's exploding. She couldn't contain herself. She has to act more naturally.

"How about you? Got news? Married? Or what?" she asked, trying to conceal her nervousness.

"Yes, I am married," he said.

It exploded like a timebomb.

"But we're divorced," he added, but she couldn't understand anymore.

She tried to pick herself up. Though she was deeply disappointed with what she heard. Upon hearing his married, she made a mental note not to let anything happen, again.

"How about you? Are you married?"

"Yes. I am married. With two kids,' she said.

"I see."

There was silence.

"We are both married," she said, sadness somehow noticeable in her tone.

"Does that matter?" he asked.

"Of course," she answered.

He looked at her.

"I was away for more than a decade, trying to look for myself. I was figuring out what I really wanna do, who I really am, where I really belong. I tell you, going to those places are fun, but I never found happiness."

She was listening. They eyed each other. Both showed hunger and desire.

"When I got back here, I wasn't expecting to see you but I did. Right then and there, I know what I wanna do, who I really am and where I really belong."

His voice became shaky. She stared at him. He looked really vulnerable.

"I want to take care of you. Who I really am? I am the man who'd love you for the rest of your life. Where I really belong? In your arms. I felt that when we made love last night," his eyes almost made her melt. She knows she's weak and in the arms of this strong man is where she belongs.

"But we're over. I am married. You too, are," she said, trying to fight the urge.

"It's over for you. It was never over for me. It was you who wanted the break-up. I was never able to move on. My mind has always been full with 'what ifs?' . I was never happy. Whenever I'm with someone else, I still think of you. After all these years, it's still you."

Every word hit her. She wasn't able to open her mouth. Her face remained blank despite her soul being touched deeply. Suddenly, she became aware of everything she's getting into.

"I broke up with you a decade ago. You've met even more beautiful girls than me. Why do you still want me? I don't want you anymore."

He looked at her in disbelief.

"Then what's with the sex last night?"

"It's just sex. That doesn't mean anything. We're both hot, we gave it a shot, then that's it. Remember that we're both married," she said.

He held her hand.

"Tell me another lie. I know you won't do sex for just body heat. I know you better. I know that you still love me, or at the very least, you feel something," he said, about to cry.

"I don't love you. I am in love with my husband. I was just horny."

Her mind suddenly felt blank. A while ago, she was dreaming about them. She was building happy thoughts with him. They're having rainbows, blue skies and butterflies. They are both in love and elatedly happy. Now, she's like a prisoner repressed of her freedom. She can't express how much she cherishes and desires him.

"Tell me another lie," he demanded.

"I don't like to see you anymore and I'm not lying," she stood up and quickly went to the door.

He followed and grabbed her by the hand. She was taken aback and she got the shock of her life when she felt his lips touch hers, again. They kissed. There was resistance at first but when she felt how soft and moist those lips were, she fell again. The sensation was too strong for for her to let go. She wants his lips. She wants him. She gave in.

Gasping for air, they both let go. They stared at each other.

"Now, tell me. Do you still want me out of your life?" he asked.

"N-no," she softly said.

He hugged her tight. She felt security. At the back of her mind, she felt so vulnerable. She's scared of what might happen.






No comments: