Thursday, October 31, 2013

A R A 5

FB:iheytmahex632@gmail.com
Twitter:@roviyuno
Author:Rovi Yuno / Unbroken
Blog: http://strangersandunbrokenangels.blogspot.com/


* * *


V. I never liked flowers.



"It's our anniversary, didn't you remember?"

Her throat suddenly felt dry. Cold sweat on her forehead, her heart beating fast, she's nervous.

"I-I remember, Of course," she lied.

Guilt has been clouding her up, her heart feeling weak, her mind feeling sorry.

"How can I forget our anniversary?"

He smiled, she's not sure if he got convinced or he's just trying to avoid his disappointment.

"Happy Anniversary, Ara," he said.

"Happy Anniversary, Dad," she replied.

He stood up and helped her with her seat. The candles started to flicker as soon as the match ignited with its rope. He was now looking at her, her face being illuminated by the flickering candle lights. She's still very pretty, though tonight, she looks a bit pale and tired. Her body is still a beauty, despite her giving birth to two wonderful kids. He feels lucky to have her.

"You are very beautiful," he commented.


She looked at him. Thinking it was the other saying those words. She closed her eyes. She had to remove him now from her mind. It's their anniversary. She shouldn't be thinking of anyone else.


"Thank you," she said, with her eyes, still closed.


She felt a touch on her cheeks. She opened her eyes and and saw a bouquet of White and Pink Magnolias. She tried to conceal her feelings. She smiled as a sign of courteousness.


"These are for you," he said.


"Thank you."


She eyed them. They look cute and nice but she doesn't seem to appreciate them.


"You know why I gave you Magnolias instead of the typical Roses?"


She looked at him, waiting for an answer.


"Because Magnolias, in China, is a symbol of a beautiful woman," he added.


She felt touched and warm. She thought of the other giving her Magnolias. She received flowers this morning and she was euphoric for it. Her husband gave her a bouquet of well-thought flowers but she doesn't seem to like it.


"Thank you, you shouldn't have spent money and time for it," she said.


"But why?"


"Because I never liked flowers," she explained.


He then remembered. He never gave her flowers because he knew that she doesn't like them. She doesn't like teddy bears. She doesn't like chocolates. During their courtship stage, he really had difficulties making her fall for she doesn't seem to like the usual things girls do. Not until he found her addiction, bags.


"Seems like my memory sucked tonight," he smiled.


"It did," she said, out-of-the-blue.

He stood and went to their room. She waited and seconds after, she saw him carrying a medium-sized box.

"Here's my gift," he said.

She felt guilty. She forgot their anniversary and she didn't even think of giving him a gift. She slowly opened the box filled with ribbons and other fancy stuff for gift-wrapping.


She got surprised to see the bag she has been saving for.


"H-how did you know I-I w-want this?" she said, trying to hide her excitement.


He smiled. He knew that her smile was true and from her heart.


"My heart," he answered.


"What?"


"My heart told me to purchase that bag," he said.


She felt more guilty. Her husband is sweet. Though dumb at times, he tends to give her things she's not expecting. She suddenly felt confused.


"Stop being cheesy," she said.


"Open it, I got another gift for you," he said.


She tried to hide her excitement. She opened it and saw an envelope. She slowly tore the seal and got surprised when she saw a plane ticket.


"What's this? Why?"


"I'm sending you on a vacation. I kinda felt you're a bit stiff and tired recently. Maybe it's time to loosen up?"


She felt happy. Looking at the ticket, it only has her name in it.


"Why just me? You're not going with me? What about the kids?"


He looked at her.


"No. It's just you. I want you to go on a vacation alone. It's your "me" time. I'd be giving you pocket money, too. Accommodation will be my expense too. You just have to be there. That's it," he explained.


Her heart was shouting with joy.


"This is too much," she said, teary-eyed.


"Things will never be enough. I will give you everything you want and you wish, because you are the most wonderful person I have seen. And I love you so much," he said.


That sent her creeps.


"I-I love you too," she answered.


She wished she was saying those words to the other guy.



No comments: