Monday, August 29, 2011

Memoirs of a Gay-Sha: Chapter 2

Photobucket

By:  Ace

--------------------------
CHAPTER TWO
--------------------------

"Fuuuuuuuu!!, what the hell just happened!?!" I screamed at the top of my head. I tried to look for this moron that threw something at me. 

Wait, "Why is everyone looking at me. Why is Dantalian chuckling to himself?" What the hell happened here!? So many thoughts were running through my head at the same time. Just when did this room turn into a war zone?

I didn't realize that dragon lady was looking at me, her nostrils flaring. Ready to breath fire, if not, then a whole table will be coming my way in a few seconds. She was assuming her royal pose. Her velvet nails tapping the sides of her pointed and crossed elbows. From the looks on their faces, they knew what was coming. She had thrown a piece of chalk at me. It was a declaration of imperial judgement. Fuck.

"Mr. Derhan, you seem to be enjoying yourself quite a bit. If you had listened earlier. Then it is with knowledge and intent that you talked, thereby violating the second law I just stated. You know well, the full consequence of your action." She talked with a calm yet carefully toned voice. 

She was now looking at me with malicious stares. To be more precise, she was looking down at me. Her royal chin was up and the slits where her eyes are supposed to be were now replaced with hellish fire. That's how I imagined her to be. If I looked at her anymore. I'd turn to stone right now. 

She then proceeded. "What was so much more important than my discussion that you just had to talk with your seatmate. Stand and share to the class this interesting conversation you just had." 

I saw my life flashing before my eyes... No. Seriously. All knowledge of temperament, patience and cool thinking went outside my brain's window. My first day and its ruined.

"It is a waste of time for me divulge this trivial conversation we just had. It would be an invasion of our privacy. Madame, I know that you have extensive knowledge of the law and I'm sure that you are quite aware that no man should be allowed to testify against himself. I did talk, but I will not admit that it was with the intention to disturb you." 

Ok, so right now. I regret what I just declared. Where the hell did my self control go to. Damn, all those time watching animes and looking at cool characters must have gotten into my head. All I could think of was." I'm going to die". My life was flashing before me, seriously. It took five seconds. 

What a short life I lived. So I had to think calmly this time. I had a few seconds before she would start to talk again. She was a bit surprised because she had to breath deep. The thought that a student talked back to her, she wasn't familiar with me yet. Her new enemy. I have to cut her off. Before she decrees any kind of capital punishment. I know its coming but I have to do at least some sort of damage control.

"Madame, forgive me for the intrusion I just made. I am new to all of this. It wasn't my intention to-"
She didn't even let me finish explaining. 

"I saw what you did and it is enough to provide a clear explanation."

She was now pointing her blood red nails outside. How many people has this woman killed? 

Beside me, Dantalian was silently laughing even though I could only see his head looking downwards. His back was rising and falling. Attempting to hide a laugh. This did not escape the notice of Sauron. Yeah, she also has an all-seeing eye. My homeroom teacher is a combination of all the classic villains. 

"You as well  Dantalian, you were talking with Vanderhan earlier."

Damage control seemed to be effective. A punishment shared, is a punishment halved. I went outside, my head and shoulders slumped, still looking annoyed at this huge moron who caused my untimely demise. 

I thought to myself "Great, just great. I was imagining my first year life to be uneventful, but our first meeting with this woman went really well. This is going to be one hell of a year, with that woman making it ten times more hellish that it already is." I could already see my future.

"Sorry Derhan, I didn't mean to-" Chris still kept his head down.

"Shut it" Was my quick reply, not forgetting to insert an annoyed tone. 

"I didn't mean to cause any of this, I just thought that you looked so familiar that I might have know or at least seen you somewhere."

That's the longest explanation I heard from him so far. 

But he was still talking directly to the floor or maybe his shoes and not to me.

"It might be possible that you've seen me somewhere. I have the most average looking face in this planet." It was the only sarcastic reply I could manage. While standing behind him. I could still hear our royal highness talking about more rules. When will she ever end? Why doesn't she just roll over and die for the greater good.

He was now facing me, he still looked awkward since he kept looking at the floor from time to time as if evading my questioning stares. 

"Ah, Derhan, please call me Dan or Chris, I'm much more comfortable with that." 

"WTF, you still have the guts to speak as if we're close?

Who cares what I damn call you. You just caused my first year life to go up in flares. It would surprise me if I liked you at all." I kept all of that in my head.

"Don't worry about it, I won't call you Dantalian anymore, In fact. I'll never have the need to call you anything at all." I proclaimed it with the formality of a judge. Final and executory, immediately. 

"What I'll do is ignore you, since you seem to draw bad luck. I'm going to be stuck with you for four years as my classmate. That bleak future seems to annoy the hell out of me. So this will be last time I will ever talk to you about nonsensical things, unless the situation requires it." 
I had to breath first because I was already mad. 

"And lastly, don't talk to me. Otherwise, instead of just standing here, her royal highness might be kind enough to let us stand at the hot court outside. Which would have been the first option if I didn't apologize" 

As I was saying all of that, his head looked down even lower than his usual. Serves him right for bringing me into this mess. He suddenly just turned around and slowly walked away...


To be continued...

No comments: